Discover Bulgaria with flights to Sofia and Varna.
- Explore the National History Museum, known for its exhibits on Stone Age tools and vessels, Bronze Age artifacts and medieval patriarchal seals. A unique exhibit follows a group of Bulgarian scientists to Antarctica.
- Stroll the tree-lined paths at Borisova Gradina, Sofia’s most famous park. See the lily ponds and statues, join a soccer game or go boating on Ariana Lake.
- Go to Boyana Church, a medieval church and UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for its architecture and the many frescoes on display. The most well-known paintings depict the lives of Saint Nicholas, Bulgarian tsars and tsarinas and Desislava and Kaloyan, the church founders.
- Discover the Aladzha Monastery, a famous 11th-century cave monastery. Climb staircases carved into the cliffside, explore the monks’ private cells and common areas and see the frescos on the chapel ceilings.
- Visit the Varna Museum of Archaeology. See Paleolithic flint tools, learn about the Little Cave excavations near Beloslav, view ceramics and funerary artifacts dating back to 4400 B.C. and understand the Bronze Age.
- See the tulips at Sea Garden, Varna’s most iconic park. Check the time on the sundial, stroll along the Black Sea and visit the monuments and illuminated fountain.