Fly United and drive Hertz for more benefits
United is pleased to partner with Hertz and its family of brands as the exclusive car rental partners for United. This partnership provides increased value and benefits for MileagePlus members every time they rent a car at one of 11,555 Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty locations worldwide.
MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:
- Save up to 40% on each qualifying paid Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
- Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
- MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.
View frequently asked questions about the United and Hertz partnership
MileagePlus award mile earnings
Customers will start earning up to 1,250 miles on qualifying Hertz car rentals.
You can also book with Hertz, Dollar and now Thrifty using award miles on united.com.* MileagePlus members earn award miles only with these car rental companies for all bookings made on or after November 1, 2014. For rentals made with other car rental companies before November 1, 2014, MileagePlus members will receive miles upon completion of the rental.
To earn MileagePlus miles, please add your MileagePlus number to your car rental reservations. Not yet a MileagePlus member? Join today
*Only available to residents of the U.S., Puerto Rico and Guam.
Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite statusUPDATED
MileagePlus Premier members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential Plus Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards will become the car rental reward program associated with these credit cards.
- MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members will receive Hertz President's Circle® status.
- Premier Silver and Premier Gold members will receive Hertz Five Star® status.
- MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum status and higher will receive Hertz President's Circle status.
Enroll at www.hertzstatus.mileageplus.com
Terms and conditions
MileagePlus award mile earnings
Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status
- Use discount code (CDP) 62455 to save up to 40% on qualifying Hertz rentals. Include your MileagePlus number when you make a reservation or provide the number when you pick up the car to earn miles. Hertz age, driver, credit and qualifying rate restrictions for the renting location apply. Taxes, tax reimbursement, governmental surcharges and optional services, such as refueling, are extra. Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer. This offer has no cash value and may not be used with tour rate rates, insurance/dealer replacement rates, pre-paid tour rates, or combined with any other offer, discount, coupon or promotion. The savings of up to 40% apply to time and mileage charges only; discount varies by rental date, location and vehicle type. Frequent Flyer Surcharge of $0.75 per day may apply. Miles will not be awarded on travel industry rates, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, any other promotional rates or group travel. If the number of award miles earned by a member for any Hertz rental exceeds 500 miles, the 500 base award miles will post to the member's account first, and any miles earned in excess of 500 miles will separately post within 5 business days.
Dollar and Thrifty:
- MileagePlus number must be included in reservation.
- Frequent Flyer Surcharge of $0.75 per day may apply.
- Miles will not be awarded on travel industry rates, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, any other promotional rates or group travel.
- Visit www.hertzstatus.mileageplus.com to read the complete terms and conditions for the complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status offer available to eligible MileagePlus members.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to www.united.com.
- MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus credit cards are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A. Chase Bank USA, N.A., is not responsible for the provision of, or the failure to provide, the promotional offers. Miles will post directly to your United MileagePlus account and will not appear on your Chase statement.