Home > Travel information > Inflight services > Inflight entertainment > Personal device entertainment
Watch popular movies and
TV shows on your own
device with our personal device
available on select aircraft.
A beta version of personal device entertainment, one of our United Private Screening options, is available on select aircraft. This service gives you access to a library of movies and TV shows that you can watch on your personal laptop, Apple® iOS device or AndroidTM device.
To determine if your upcoming flight offers personal device entertainment, check the Inflight Amenities tab in the Flight Status information within 24 hours of your flight departure.
This service is sponsored by the MileagePlus Explorer Card.
||Download a listing of movies and TV shows available on select aircraft equipped with personal device entertainment.
||May-June 2015 (215 kb)
Before your flight
Download the latest United app on your Apple or Android mobile device. Laptop user instructions are below.
Fully charge your device prior to boarding.
Pack your headphones to enjoy hours of entertainment.
Power outlets are available on select aircraft only, but United is continuing to add power outlets to aircraft with personal device entertainment.
- Laptop requirements
For best results, we recommend using the following operating systems and the latest versions of the following browsers. (Due to a change made by Google, ChromeTM support is temporarily unavailable. Please use one of our other supported browsers.) Laptop users may be prompted to download and install a plug-in. To download the third-party plug-in, you'll also need "administrator access" to your laptop.
||Latest version of browser(s)
|Mac OS X® 10.7+
|Flash® Player 15.0+
|Windows® 7 and Windows 8 (Desktop mode only)
|Flash Player 15.0+
- How to access personal device entertainment
The basic steps below apply to most personal laptops, Apple devices and Android devices.
- Make sure that your wireless device is in airplane mode.
- View available wireless networks and select "United_Wi-Fi."
- Please note that you do not need to purchase our Wi-Fi service in order to access personal device entertainment.
- Open the United app on your Apple or Android smartphone or tablet and expand the side menu. Scroll to the Entertainment section and select "Wi-Fi & entertainment."
- You can also launch your Internet browser, type "www.unitedwifi.com" in the browser's address bar and select the "Entertainment" tab.
If you're trying to access our personal device entertainment service, review our visual guide to determine what to do next.
- Personal device entertainment installation progress
*Select 737 and 757 aircraft offer DIRECTV® only
(Last updated May 22, 2015)