Home > Travel information > Airport information > United Club and lounges > United Club membership terms and conditions
- A one-year United Club membership can be purchased on united.com, with a United Club representative at any United Club location, or by phone at 1-866-822-5827. Prices will vary based on MileagePlus Premier® level. There is an initiation fee of $50 USD or 7,000 miles for all new or expired United Club memberships. If a membership has been expired for more than 30 days, it is considered a new enrollment.
- Memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Memberships are open to anyone 18 or older.
- Membership will expire on the date indicated as the end of the term when purchasing the membership.
- You can renew a United Club membership at the then applicable membership fee beginning 60 days prior to its expiration.
- Members enrolled in auto-renew will be charged for the renewal 30 days prior to membership expiration. The renewal will be charged to the form of payment on file at the price effective on that day.
- Gift subscriptions must be activated within 60 days of purchase. Gifts not activated within 60 days will automatically activate and expire in one year.
- A spouse or domestic partner membership may be purchased at a discounted rate. A copy of the marriage certificate or an affidavit of marriage or spouse equivalency is required to obtain a membership card for a spouse or domestic partner with a different last name.
- United Club membership subscriptions can be changed from a single person to a spousal membership at any time. The spousal membership is valid for one year from the date of membership change. Any unused value from the previous membership will be applied to the new price.
- You may request the replacement of a lost or stolen membership card in person at a United Club location or by calling the United Club Service Center. There is a $50 USD service charge for issuing a replacement card.
- A valid United Club membership card or one-time pass and a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, passport or military ID) are required.
- Membership cards are nontransferable and may not be loaned to others. United representatives will confiscate membership cards that are expired or presented by anyone other than the member.
- United Club members may bring their spouse and children under 21, or as many as two guests, into a United Club location. Members must accompany their family and guests during their United Club visit.
- A one-time pass admits one person, with no guest privileges.
- United reserves the right to limit club access to members traveling on same-day tickets.
- United reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the professional atmosphere of United Club.
Atmosphere and attire
- During your visit to United Club, we ask that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
- As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games and DVD players.
- Solicitation is prohibited in all United Club locations.
- Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products) is not permitted inside United Club locations.
- United reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any patron who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
- Food may not be brought into United Club locations. (Complimentary light snacks are available in each club.)
- Food, beverages and periodicals provided are for consumption and use in the club and may not be removed.
- Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside United Club.
- Service animals are welcome in United Club locations, provided local ordinances permit them. Quiet pets accompanying guests onboard the aircraft are also permitted, provided they remain in their carry-on kennels.
- Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in United Club locations, where available.
- Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.
- United will not be held responsible for personal articles lost or stolen in any United Club location.
- Conference rooms are available at many United Club locations for a nominal hourly rate.
- United Club members can reserve conference rooms at a discounted member rate at most United Club locations.
- Non-members may reserve a conference room if they also purchase a one-time pass.
- Reservations for conference rooms should be made in advance online, by phone at 1-866-825-3016 or through a United Club representative at a U.S. location. A credit card is required at the time of reservation.
- If you book a United Club conference room and fail to arrive at the scheduled start time, we will hold your room for 30 minutes before it is released for another member to use. You will be charged for the first hour’s reservation if you fail to cancel a reservation at least 48 hours in advance.
- United Club considers membership and/or use of any location an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- United reserves the right to modify pricing, benefits, services, hours, club locations and reciprocal lounge agreements at any time with or without written notice to its members and customers.
- United will not be liable for United Club delays or failures in performance caused by acts of God, war, strike, labor dispute, work stoppage, fire, government or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar, beyond our control.
- United reserves the right to terminate membership or remove any customer from a United Club location for inappropriate conduct that is disruptive or fails to comply with membership terms and conditions.
- United reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions at any time with or without written notice to its members and customers.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. United may change the MileagePlus program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. Learn more about the MileagePlus program.