Home > Travel information > Inflight services > North America premium cabin dining
North America, Caribbean and Latin America
Pictured clockwise from top:
Spring mix side salad
312 Urban Wheat Ale
Chicken and sausage jambalaya with white rice and green onions
Inflight dining is an important part of your overall travel experience. We are pleased to offer fresh, sweet and savory menu choices. After consulting our team of chefs, we carefully selected restaurant-quality meals for our premium cabin customers.
|Onboard meal service
|Less than 199 miles
(Approximately 1 hour or less)
|We offer the beverage of your choice served with a premium biscotti on flights departing before 9:59 a.m. or a premium snack mix on flights departing after 10 a.m.
(Approximately 1–2:20 hours)
|These flights feature light breakfast refreshments, which may include scones, muffins or pound cakes, on flights departing before 9:59 a.m. or a selection of premium snacks and fresh fruit on flights departing after 10 a.m.
Note: United serves meals or snacks on flights longer than 800 miles in the following markets:
- Chicago O'Hare to and from Hartford, New York LaGuardia and New York/Newark
- New York/Newark to and from Atlanta
(Approximately 2:20–4 hours)
|On short-and medium-haul flights, we offer a full meal service with two entree choices on most flights departing between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m.
On flights departing between 1:30 p.m. and 3:59 p.m. and all flights departing after 8:01 p.m., a selection of premium snacks and fresh fruit are offered between traditional meal times.
- Breakfast may include a Southwestern Houston Skillet entree with cage-free scrambled eggs, pepper jack cheese, sauteed pepper mix, sliced New Mexico sausage, potato gratin and fire-roasted pepper sauce served with fresh fruit and warmed biscuits or croissants.
(Approximately 4-5:20 hours)
|Mid-continental flights offer a full meal service on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m. and includes three entree choices on flights that provide breakfast, lunch or dinner.
On flights departing after 9:01 p.m., a selection of premium packaged snacks and fresh fruit are offered.
- Lunch may include a Lobster Macaroni and Cheese entree with a baked crumb topping and a side of broccoli rabe served with a spring mix salad featuring strawberries, oranges and feta cheese, a warmed nine-grain bread stick and a raspberry sorbet for dessert.
|Longer than 2,300 miles
(Approximately 5:20 hours or longer)
|Trans-continental and Hawaii flights departing before 9 p.m. offer a full meal service, which includes multi-course meals with three entree choices on flights that provide breakfast, lunch or dinner; a selection of premium packaged snacks and fresh fruit as a mid-flight snack on longer-haul Hawaii flights; and a pre-arrival refreshment or snack on all flights.
Dinner may include a salad appetizer course with a mix of greens, julienne jicama, red and yellow bell pepper batonnets, curried chickpeas and couscous served with warmed multi-grain bread followed by a Tamale Stuffed Chicken entree featuring chicken wrapped in a corn husk with creamy corn sauce, roasted red and yellow tomatoes and yucca sticks, chocolate chip gelato for dessert with two toppings of your choice; and cookies baked on board are served as a pre-arrival snack.
|p.s.® Premium Service
(between New York JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco)
|Our p.s. flights offer a full meal service, which includes international quality multi-course meals, with three entree choices on flights that provide breakfast, lunch or dinner.
On flights arriving in the afternoon or evening, triple chocolate chunk cookies baked on board are served prior to arrival. On flights arriving in the morning, light refreshments, which may include scones, muffins or pound cakes, are served.
Dinner may include a smoked salmon and sesame-coated tuna appetizer served with a fresh, seasonal green salad and warmed premium breads followed by a Tenderloin of Beef entree with Delmonico’s® steak sauce, rosti potatoes, green beans and roasted tomatoes and a signature ice cream sundae with six choices of toppings for dessert.
|On United Express® flights longer than 700 miles (approximately two hours), customers traveling in United First® and United Business® are served complimentary snackboxes featuring high-quality, brand-name foods.
Our signature onboard service elements include:
- Warmed nuts with a beverage of your choice offered during lunch and dinner services on all mainline United flights
- Prosecco sparkling wine served on all mainline United flights
- Premium snack baskets featuring a variety of premium brands and fresh whole fruit
- Cookies with custom signature flavors made by Otis Spunkmeyer® are baked on board
Special meals in North America are available in premium cabins on flights between:
- New York JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco
- Continental U.S. and Hawaii