Home > Travel information > Destination information > International travel > Global Entry Program
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) offers the Global Entry program in order to expedite the processing of pre-approved, low-risk international travelers entering the United States.
Upon returning from international travel, Global Entry -enrolled travelers may bypass the regular passport control line and proceed directly to the Global Entry kiosk. Global Entry program participants scan their machine-readable passport, U.S. permanent resident card, or U.S. visa on the kiosk, place their fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification, and make a customs declaration. The kiosk issues the traveler a transaction receipt and directs the traveler to baggage claim and the exit.
The following travelers are eligible for enrollment in Global Entry:
- Citizens and residents of the United States
- Citizens of Mexico who hold a U.S. visa
- Citizens of Panama who hold a U.S. visa
- Citizens of the Netherlands who are enrolled in Privium
- Citizens of Korea who are enrolled in Smart Entry Service (SES) program
- NEXUS members
- SENTRI members
Application for enrollment in the Global Entry program is available at the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES): https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/
The Global Entry application process consists of three steps:
- Applicants complete and submit an online application through GOES and pay a $100 fee, which covers enrollment in the program for a five -year period
- MileagePlus provides eligible Global ServicesSM, Premier® 1K® and Premier Platinum members a payment code which can be used as the form of payment for the $100 Global Entry application fee during the application process, for new applications only.* Learn more
- The government reviews the applicant's information while a background investigation is conducted
- Applicants undergo an interview with CBP officers at an Enrollment Center in the U.S. before final approval is granted
Global Entry is available at select airports. For additional details about the program, including location information, please visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website.
If you are a NEXUS member, then you can apply for Global Entry at no additional cost. NEXUS members should check their status in their GOES account as you may need to submit your 10 fingerprints or any other necessary documentation in order to receive Global Entry benefits.
If you are a SENTRI member, then you can apply for Global Entry at no additional cost. SENTRI members should check their status in their GOES account as you may need to submit your 10 fingerprints and pass a risk assessment conducted by the Mexican government before receiving Global Entry approval. SENTRI members only may submit their fingerprints at a SENTRI Enrollment Center: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/trusted_traveler/sentri/sentri_centers.xml
To use a Global Entry kiosk, you must travel with a passport, and not just your SENTRI card.
*As of February 1, 2015, MileagePlus will no longer provide a payment code which can be used as the form of payment for the $100 Global Entry application fee. Eligible members may continue to request a payment code until January 31, 2015.