Home > Travel information > Baggage information > Free Checked Bags for Eligible United MileagePlus Chase Credit Cardmembers
FIRST AND SECOND CHECKED BAGS FREE FOR MILEAGEPLUS® CLUB AND PRESIDENTIAL PLUSSM CARD MEMBERS
FIRST CHECKED BAG FREE FOR MILEAGEPLUS EXPLORER CARD MEMBERS AND CARDMEMBERS WITH CERTAIN OTHER MILEAGEPLUS CHASE CREDIT CARDS
Terms and Conditions
- The primary Cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation are each eligible to receive their applicable standard checked bag(s) free. To receive the applicable standard checked bag(s) free, the primary Cardmember must include their MileagePlus account number in their reservation and use their qualifying United MileagePlus Credit Card from Chase to purchase their ticket(s).
- One authorized user is eligible to receive the applicable standard checked bag(s) free only if traveling on the same reservation as the primary Cardmember and counted as the one traveling companion eligible for the benefit.
- Eligible Cardmembers will receive their applicable standard checked bag free on flights operated by United or United Express; codeshare flights are not eligible.
- Checked bags must meet weight and size restrictions or may be subject to additional fees. Learn more about our baggage policy.
- Primary Cardmembers are eligible to receive applicable standard checked bag(s) free when they use their miles to book award travel on United-operated flights, as long as they pay for their award ticket taxes and service charges with their qualifying Card and include their MileagePlus account number in their reservation.
- Primary Cardmembers who are already exempt from checked baggage service charges will not receive additional free checked bags.
- Premier members:
- Club or Presidential Plus Card members who receive two or more free checked bags through their Premier status will not receive additional free checked bags.
- Explorer Card members and Cardmembers with certain other MileagePlus Chase Credit Cards will not receive a free checked bag in addition to the free checked bag(s) awarded through their Premier status.
- For additional information on Premier benefits, visit www.united.com/premier.
- International travel:
- Club and Presidential Plus Card members will not get additional free checked bags if there are no first and second checked bag service charges applicable to their international travel itinerary.
- Explorer Card members and Cardmembers with certain other MileagePlus Chase Credit Cards will not get an additional free checked bag if there is no first checked bag service charge applicable to their international travel itinerary.
- Unpublished fares, such as priceline.com and Hotwire, are not eligible.
- New United MileagePlus Chase primary credit Cardmembers will be eligible for their applicable free standard checked bag(s) 2 weeks after account opening.
- Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.