Home > Travel information > Airport information > Airport kiosks
It's as easy as 1-2-3:
- Check in online or at an airport kiosk (if checking baggage, use designated positions).
- Proceed to the departure gate with your boarding pass.
- Board the plane when your group is called.
More power to you.
The touch screen lets you:
- Check in and print your boarding pass
- Print your ticket receipt
- Check baggage (at designated check-in counter locations)
- Select or change your seat
- Upgrade or stand by for United Global FirstSM, United BusinessFirst®, United First® or United Business®
- Verify or input your MileagePlus number
- Change your flight for same-day travel
- Transact in English, Chinese (Simplified or Traditional), French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish or Thai
Frequently asked questions
- What will I need to check-in at an airport kiosk?
To check in at an airport kiosk, you will need a major credit card or United MileagePlus frequent flyer card. Select driver's licenses or passports with machine-readable characters are also accepted. If you are unable to activate the kiosk, a United representative will be available to assist you.
- Why do I need identification to check-in at an airport kiosk?
Very simply, this is our quickest method to identify you. An airport kiosk only reads the name encoded on your card for the purpose of locating your reservation. No additional charges will be made.
- How can I change my itinerary at an airport kiosk?
Same day, same origin/destination flight changes may be confirmed on the day of departure at an airport kiosk, provided the fare rules permit the change and the cabin originally booked is available.
- Could I check bags using an airport kiosk?
Yes. Airport kiosks at designated check-in counter locations offer the option to check baggage. After receiving your boarding pass(es), simply proceed with your baggage to the designated bag drop area in front of or adjacent to the kiosk, and a United representative will handle the rest. See our Checked Baggage page for details on checked baggage policies.
- Can I use an airport kiosk when traveling internationally?
Yes. Kiosks can be used for travel from the U.S. to any international destination. In some cases, a United representative will need to check your international documentation (such as a passport or visa). Departures from most international destinations are also available by kiosk.
- What types of itineraries cannot be handled at an airport kiosk?
Airport kiosks are capable of handling most itineraries. The most common exceptions include:
- Itineraries that begin with a flight segment operated by another airline
- Tickets that have been changed without proper fee collection
- Unaccompanied minors
- What language options are supported by the airport kiosk?
Currently, customers have the option to transact in English, Chinese (Simplified or Traditional), French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish or Thai.