Home > Products & services > united.com Gift Certificates > Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the purchase and usage of a united.com Gift Certificates:
- Must be signed in as a MileagePlus member in order to purchase Gift Certificates.
- Redeemable only on united.com's U.S. booking engine (U.S. billing address required). Cannot be redeemed on any other booking engines as certificate value is only in USD.
- A minimum of $25.00 and a maximum of $10,000.00 per certificate.
- Only forms of payment with billing addresses in the United States and its territories are eligible.
- Certificates purchased Aug. 20, 2010 or later are valid for five years from the date the certificate is purchased. Certificates purchased prior to Aug. 20, 2010 are valid for one year from the date certificate was originally issued.
- If the full amount of the certificate is not used for a transaction, you can use the balance towards the purchase of another ticket within the original validity period.
- The certificate will be null and void if its remaining value is less than $1.00.
- Only valid for air travel purchases, including ticket, taxes and surcharges.
- Fully transferable until redeemed.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other programs (example MileagePlus award redemption).
- Valid with any fare types (e.g. E-Fares®, or eCertificate redemptions).
- Cannot be used in conjunction with an Electronic Travel Certificate.
- Mileage accrual is allowed in conjunction with applicable fare rules for the ticket being purchased.
- Only one Gift Certificate may be used per transaction for the purchase of airline tickets.
- The Gift Certificate will be applied to the total price of the airline tickets in any one transaction.
- E-Gift certificates may not be sold by anyone other than United Airlines.
- Valid for use on flights operated by United Airlines and United Express® only.