Home > Travel Agency Information Center > Travel agency booking ticketing > Passive Segments
For those occasions when it is not possible for you to claim a United PNR, passive segments may be utilized for ticketing. Please note that United encourages you to use PNR claim functionality whenever possible. Using claim will reduce errors and eliminate possible misspellings of the name. It will also reduce your chances of receiving a debit memo.
Each time you end a transaction on a PNR that contains a passive segment, United receives a passive segment notification message from your GDS. When we receive notification that passive segments were utilized in your PNR, our system checks to see if a matching booking exists in United's reservations system. If no identical matching booking is found in our system, a message will be sent back to your PNR changing the status code of your passive segment to -NO- or -HX-. United will also send an SSR message explaining why the passive segment was rejected. Please carefully review the SSR message to determine what caused United to reject your passive segment. Common causes for rejection are:
- No matching itinerary found in United's reservations system
- Itinerary was found but does not match exactly
- Names do not match exactly
- Segment is waitlisted in United's reservations system
- Booking classes do not match
- United previously received a matching passive segment for your customer
- Your agency does not have ticketing authority or is restricted from booking United segments
- Booking is for reduced rate travel
- Booking is for a United MileagePlus® award
- Booking was made on united.com
- Booking was made on a travel website such as Priceline.com or Hotwire.com
Note - you are not allowed to create a passive segment for the purpose of satisfying any productivity requirements contained in any agreement between your agency and a GDS provider or to circumvent any fare rules. If you wish to keep track of a booking for administrative purposes only, please use a non-billable status code. You must utilize auxiliary segments or non-billable status codes to produce invoices and itineraries or for administrative or accounting purposes. For example, non-billable status codes include the following: AMADEUS - GK, APOLLO - BK, SABRE - YK, WORLDSPAN - use a TVL Air Segment.