Home > TravelBank Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the usage of a TravelBank account:
- TravelBank cash is redeemable only on united.com.
- Only one TravelBank account is allowed per MileagePlus® member.
- Only one owner per TravelBank account is allowed and that owner must be a MileagePlus® member.
- If the full amount in the TravelBank account is not used for a transaction, you can use the balance towards the purchase of another ticket within the original validity period.
- Account has an expiration date of 24 months of inactivity. After that time, the remaining amount will be issued in the form of an electronic travel certificate (ETC). The ETC is valid for one year from the date the certificate is originally issued to the account owner.
- Only valid for air travel purchases, including ticket, taxes and surcharges.
- Deposits made to the TravelBank account are non-refundable.
- Accounts are non-transferable.
- TravelBank cash cannot be used as a form of payment in combination with Bill Me Later®, online check by TeleCheck®, cash, gift certificates or United Airlines travel certificates.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other programs (example MileagePlus® award redemption).
- Valid with any fare types (e.g. E-Fares®).
- Mileage accrual is allowed in conjunction with applicable fare rules for the ticket being purchased. MileagePlus® mileage credit is allowed.
- Ticket purchased is eligible for any MileagePlus® united.com booking bonus applicable to the ticket at the time of purchase.
- The amount in the TravelBank account will be applied to the total price of the airline tickets in any one transaction.
- All rules and travel restrictions of the purchased fare apply.
- Not combinable with MileagePlus® awards.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes/fees/surcharges, including passenger facility charges, international departure tax, customs users immigration fees, agricultural tax and airport security charges and must pay them at time of ticketing.
- United's Contract of Carriage applies to all travel. In the event of flight irregularity, alternate travel will be provided only on United Airlines or the applicable code-share partner.