Over the next 5 years, United is investing more than $100 million into transforming the United Club program. We are committed to creating a relaxing, nourishing and productive space for our guests, and in 2015, you will see continued improvements throughout our network, from updated facilities to new food and beverage offerings. This year we will renovate our clubs in Chicago O’Hare, San Francisco, Washington National, Hong Kong and Tokyo Narita and will build a new location in Atlanta, with more to follow in 2016 and beyond.
Our newly designed locations
Our new club design features more comfortable seating areas for working or relaxing and a refreshed bar where you can enjoy complimentary beverages as well as premium wines and spirits. The new spaces also offer additional workstations and abundant power outlets. The design of our new locations incorporates both United’s unique aviation history and panoramic views of modern-day aviation in action.
Following the opening of United Club facilities at Boston Terminal B and San Francisco Terminal 3, and United Club and United Global FirstSM Lounge facilities at London Heathrow Terminal 2, we rounded out 2014 with the launch of a new United Club location on the mezzanine level at Los Angeles Terminal 7. We are excited about the additional improvements coming across our network in 2015.
Investing in our Wi-Fi service
We know that staying connected while traveling is extremely important. To improve the overall quality and exclusivity of the Wi-Fi experience for our United Club members and guests, we are implementing an authentication process to access the Wi-Fi at our United Club locations in the U.S. We plan to have the authentication process in place in 2015.
New United Club complimentary snack menu
Beginning in March, we debuted a new complimentary healthy food menu. The new food items are currently available at all of our Chicago clubs and will be available at United Club locations in Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark and Washington Dulles by the end of the summer. All of the U.S. United Club locations will feature the new menu by the end of 2015.
- Greek yogurt bar with assorted toppings, including mixed fruit and granola
- Old-fashioned oatmeal with assorted toppings, including cinnamon, raisins, honey and brown sugar
- Cage-free hard-boiled eggs with chives and paprika (limited-time offering)
- Healthy cereals and granola with a choice of 2% or skim milk
- Plain and everything bagel sticks with assorted toppings, including cream cheese, fruit jams and Country Crock® butter spread
- Assorted scones, with flavors like cinnamon vanilla, blueberry and cranberry orange
- Spicy bloody mary trail mix with pretzel sticks and assorted nuts
- Fresh apples and bananas
All menu items are peanut-free and may vary slightly by location. Additional nutrition information is available at United Club locations.
- Hummus with pita chips or pretzel thins, freshly sliced red bell peppers and Greek olives
- Cured sliced meats, including salami (limited-time offering)
- Artisan breads
- Hearty garden vegetable soup
- Cheddar cheese with wheat crackers
- Mediterranean grain salad with wheat berries, peppers, tomatoes and black olives
- Fresh corn and roasted red pepper salad
- Fitness trail mix with assorted seeds, nuts and dried fruit
- Salty ranchero trail mix
- Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle™
- Available condiments include salt and pepper, olive oil, Sriracha and Texas Pete's® hot sauce
Expanded beverage selections
We are always looking for ways to enhance the United Club experience with a variety of new, fresh and healthy product selections. As part of this effort, we will be refreshing our food and beverage offerings in 2015, including the addition of Champagne Laurent-Perrier and Trincero Family Estates Wines.